Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Village - Guest Reviewed by Emily

  This weekend, Darryl and I went to see The Village. The movie stars Joaquin Phoenix as Lucius Hunt, Bryce Dallas Howard as Ivy Walker, William Hurt as Edward Walker, Adrien Brody as Noah Percy, and Sigourney Weaver as Alice Hunt. The movie is set in a village (duh) in the woods. The woods are surrounded by horrible creatures, but the villagers have a truce with “those we do not speak of.” Now, the truce has been broken. I don’t want to spoil the movie for anyone, and there’s not much I can say in this review! But I can tell you this.

  We saw Aunt Jan the day we were going to see the movie. She said she was afraid she would get nightmares after seeing a movie like that. Well. No. You won’t have nightmares, I guarantee. But I can’t tell you why. You’ll just have to trust me.

  Now, when I go to see a movie, I wiggle around for 2 solid hours. One leg goes numb, my other foot is crooked, a butt-cheek or two falls asleep. I just cannot sit still.

  At the end of this movie, I had only moved once, when a piece of popcorn fell into my shirt. Also, I said to Darryl, “How disappointing! It was only about an hour long!” But, no, it was 2 full hours.
 
I think whether or not you like the movie depends on if you buy into it or not. When it comes to movies, I buy in. In bulk. I believe in the “suspended disbelief” method of seeing movies. So.
 
Spend your $8, and see The Village. Rated PG-13, I give it Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home